Sunday, July 25, 2010

We have a baby!!

Well I realize I haven't posted since my last appt, and I apologize.. but things have been a whirlwind since then. I went to the OB on 7-12 for my 39 week checkup. I was 38w5d at my appt. Doc gave me the choice to induce that night, or wait until the 19th to see if I went on my own. Well.. I decided to go ahead and be induced that night.

So at 9pm on July 12th we arrived at L&D to get things started. At 9pm on July 13th things weren't progressing how they would like, so off we went for an un-expected c-section due to failure to progress. Since I had been in labor for 24 hours, and had only gone 2 or 3 cm in 12 hours, they figured we should go ahead and have a baby. Tristan Alexander Gentle was born at 9:35pm on July 13th, weighing 6lbs 14oz and was 19.5inches long. He was so beautiful, and of course still is :). I couldn't be happier. He and I are both doing well :D. Now he is 12 days old, and I can't believe it :).

I will post a seperate post with tons of pictures :D, but here is our first family photo.





2 comments:

  1. I am so HAPPY for you and Paul!!!! I can't believe Tristan is finally here!! It seems like yesterday that you were just telling us about your BFP. Btw, I ran across your first BFP post on WebMD the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks hun :). I can't believe he is here either! It really does feel like just 2 months ago or so that I got my bfp :). lol that's funny!

    ReplyDelete