Thursday, November 26, 2009

Such A Slacker

Man am I a slacker lol :). I just realized, so much has happened and nobody knows about it. I reckon it's time to give yall a nice update.

Well not long after my BFP I had to go to a Pregnancy Hotline Center for written proof of pregnancy so that I may apply for Medicaid. They gave me an EDD of July 21st, 2010 based off my LMP. So that makes me 6w1d today :). I have decided to go by that date, even though I ovulated late and that I have long cycles. I figure, the doc is going to automatically go by my LMP so I should to. If they need to change it at my ultrasound because I'm measuring behind then I will change the date I go by as well. The P.H.C. set up a free U/S for Dec. 17th given I haven't seen a OB by then. I will be roughly 9w3d at that time.

Last Tuesday, 11-24, I had an appt to apply for Medicaid. Which went well. I am just waiting for confirmation that I am accepted. Which they said could take up to 45 days! Omg that is a long effing time!!! And in the process, they set up an appt for Best Start, which is a pregnancy program here in Huntsville. Best Start is pretty much your go-between for Medicaid, as well as your OB and the hospital. They do a lot of stuff with you to make sure that everything goes well.

My Best Start appt is Wed. Dec 2nd. They wont let me leave without picking an OB and setting up an appt (omg I know.. I haven't seen a doc yet). And then I will set up an appt with WIC so I can start getting checks from them. Unfortunately, my doc doesn't accept Medicaid.. well she does once in a blue moon. But I don't want to wait until I am approved to ask her if she will take me, and get turned down. I think I should be seen by then, so I will be picking a new OB sometime between now and my Best Start appt. Luckily, many of the OB's on the list will see you if your Medicaid is pending, and you don't have to pay a dime unless Medicaid doesn't accept you. Which I should be accepted.

Omg. I feel like I am typing way too much, sorry guys. There is just SOOO much to catch you up on. I will continue in another blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment